TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Passengers can't be questioned about ID
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passengers can't be questioned about ID Login/Join 
posted
The second court of appeals in fort worth has held that cops cannot approach a passenger in a car and question him about his identity.

I need to file a motion for rehearing and if necessary a pdr. does anyone have a form for a motion for rehearing?

Posts: 64 | Location: Johnson County, Texas | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call me at 214-653-3625 and I can get you some examples. You also need to look at United Staes v. Brigham, 2004 US App. Lexis 17601 (Aug. 19, 2004), that has a great exposition on trafic stop investigations. John Bradley posted a blurb about that case just the other day.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Brigham, the 5th Circuit Majority specifically comments on the identification of a passenger who provides a fake id.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post