TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Issues in Prosecution-Wholesale Changes in Probation TBA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Issues in Prosecution-Wholesale Changes in Probation TBA Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone read the article on the issues in prosecution page discussing the wholesale changes in probation?

Does anyone else share my extreme concern about these proposed changes? Progressive sanctions is a stupid idea. Did you see legislatures think 10,000 so called technical violators going to prison is too big a number! This is a relatively small number to me given the number of crimes committed in TX & the number of criminals in our system. Furthermore, I get so tired of this "technical" catch phrase. In my experience in three different counties, people get sent to prison who basically rarely/never even report to their supervision officers, who despite several chances do nothing they are supposed to do on probation. They are basically not being supervised by this glorious system legislators want to use to save money & not build prisons, and reform these folks into productive citizens.

I'm ready to load up a bunch of prosecutors in a bus along with every law enforcement oriented citizen I can find to try a more reasonable solution then the mess they're trying to create. Oh, except, I'm in the middle of trying a capital murder case against a defendant who lo & behold has already progressed through the lovely progressive sanctions of the juvenile system, including TYC, to graduate into the adult
system by killing, robbing, burglarizing, and beating up old people!!!!! I guess he just didn't get enough "treatment" or "help" in the juvenile system!!!!! Try telling that to my dead victim or his 5 brothers & sisters, and 90 something year old mom!!!

Posts: 50 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post