Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

light reading Login/Join 
posted
What blogs are you reading?

I find myself with some extra time this week and was wondering where others go for updated legal opinions and such.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How Appealing, Crime & Consequences, and Volokh Conspiracy are all interesting sites. How Appealing (written by Howard Bashman) in particular is an excellent compilation of current legal (appellate) news. Judge Cochran once said she starts every morning with "Biscuits and Howard Bashman."

Overheard in Court is a funny one. If you're an appellate geek, Typography for Lawyers is interesting to scroll through as well.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
During the session, I read Paul Burka's blog over at Texas Monthly.

The Criminal Justice Legal Foundation also has an informative blog on criminal justice policy issues called Crime and Consequences; it's based in California but covers events nationally.

Closer to home, Grits for Breakfast is also useful, although sometimes I have to take my Grits with a heaping handful of brown sugar to help it stay down. Wink

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just started reading First One @ First One. It's not strickly criminal, but so far interesting.

Of course I read Murry's blog.

And most of the others aren't legal related.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post