TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Be Unfriendly With Judges
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Be Unfriendly With Judges Login/Join 
posted
Florida's judges and lawyers should no longer "friend" each other on Facebook, the popular social networking site, according to a ruling from the state's Judicial Ethics Advisory Committee.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they are on the right track. But much more needs to be done.

Ideally, judges should have no human contact except when they are conducting business in court. They should live in cubicles in the courthouse, and they should receive their meals thru a slot in the door. That way no one would think there is the appearance of an impropriety.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If somebody's my friend, I'll call them on the phone," he said, chuckling

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Makes one wonder if the Commission will conduct friending stings.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post