TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    municipal prosecutor pay
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

municipal prosecutor pay Login/Join 
posted
For the last year I have been serving as the municipal prosecutor for a small city of about 400 people. My boss told me that our office has done this for free for years. I have to go to night court every other Tuesday to handle their traffic citations.

The city council has decided that they like the revenue from the tickets and now have 6 officers on staff writing 200-250 tickets a month. I think I should get to share in the wealth since I am the one having to prosecute this. I was thinking $125 an hour. What do other cities pay for municipal prosecutor services?

Posts: 64 | Location: Johnson County, Texas | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<notalawyer>
posted
In a town of 400 people, they give 200-250 tickets a month?

What town is this(so I can mark it off of the driving route)?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consult the above statute. If your boss allows you to have a private practice, you might be able to charge a fee.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post