TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Douglas Ferris
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Douglas Ferris Login/Join 
posted
Ferris is a polygraph examiner in Buda, Texas and was with Austin Police Department in the seventies. I just received a polygraph report from a defense attorney for a test administered to a murder suspect. The report looks suspicious. Does anyone know anything about him.

Tuck McLain

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before accepting such a report, ask the defense attorney for a written waiver of the attorney-client privilege, signed personally by the defendant. Then you can talk to the operator and use any statements (not the results of the polygraph) at trial. See Carmona v. State, 941 SW2d 949.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I saw your post on the other thread referencing Carmona. I have pulled the cases and read them but planned on giving you a call for some more insight. I will try and touch base this week. Thanks

Tuck McLain

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post