TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Case Law Review Source Material
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case Law Review Source Material Login/Join 
posted
One of our "new" (only to us) guys is spearheading a weekly case review. He's asked our appellate section to supplement the weekly review with some cases that may not have made it into the TDCAA weekly update. So far I've been reading David Newell's case review from May's Appellate CLE (thank you David) and R.J. MacReady's CCA blog (thanks R.J.). Occasionally I take a read of the SCOTUS blog.

So, here's my question, where else should I be poking around to see what interesting cases there are that could be helpful to our trial ADAs?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The brain of John Rolater

Posts: 40 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: August 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't already, sign up with all the Texas courts for their published criminal cases and read them for yourself. With the summaries you are reading now you probably cover what matters but there is nothing like reading the originals for yourself. Also, even unpublished cases can make some fun reading--if you have any spare time!!!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get our cases. Now I've signed up for opinion watch on all the cases. I can't believe it didn't occur to me to do that.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post