TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Investigator Course
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Investigator Course Login/Join 
posted
I am currently a Criminal Investigator for the University of Texas at Arlington Police Department and want to attend the Investigator School Feb. 13-17, 2006. I see that there are several references in forum posts to this course being geared towards DA/CA investigators. Would this training also benefit someone in my position? I'm trying to convince my supervisor that the training is applicable and would benefit me.

(message cross-posted to Investigators section)

Posts: 53 | Location: Arlington TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a member of the Investigator Board and we are meeting this week to set the curriculum for the upcoming investigator school. We try to put on training that is designed to meet the needs of a District Attorney Investigator but also all law enforcement. We typically have courses on Search and Seizure updates, how to gather evidence, interrogation techniques and legal issues involving interrogation. We also offer TCLEOSE mandated courses.

Watch the TDCAA home page for a notice on the school and courses. You will probably find the topics to be relevant to your job.

Posts: 32 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: February 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post