TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Is this against the law?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this against the law? Login/Join 
posted
When I first heard about this I thought it was fake. But it is the real deal. The absolutely most insane thing that I have EVER heard of. I won't describe it here. You have to follow the link to believe it.

By the way, is there any law against this kind of stuff that anyone can think of?

http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16134054

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, they both consented, so I'm not sure what the crime would be. Stupidity is not a crime. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The question raised is fascinating. Professional boxers routinely consent to being pulverised and can suffer serious injuries or death. The same is true, even if to a lesser degree, in other sports. But can anyone consent to being killed? Can they consent to the infliction of assault? Is it a matter of prosecutorial discretion and public pressure as to whether to pursue convictions? Wouldn't such a flesh-festival constitute at least an assault as a party in each instance under Texas law?

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would assume they'll be having this fare with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

I can't think of a Texas offense off the top of my head unless money is changing hands for this culinary abomination. If so, it might implicate Penal Code sec. 48.02, since tissue other than blood is included in the definition of "human organ," the sale or purchase of which is prohibited. Transplants are excepted. Creepy entrees are not.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There used to be an anti-dueling provision in the Penal Code that said you could not consent to another's use of deadly force. It survives in Section 22.06, which applies only to assault offenses. It seems to me that, if the removal of flesh were minor, that consent would apply and you have no assault. Have you researched to see whether the legislature has outlawed the consumption of human flesh or meat?

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TPC 22.06 would be available so long as the carved is not a child, disabled, or elderly person under 22.04. 22.06 does not reach 22.04.

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just hope this doesn't inspire some Hollyweirdo to do a remake of My Dinner With Andre.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand that human flesh has been called, in past times, "long pork".

Do we taste like chops, or, like everything else, chicken?

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the FDA have anything to say on this topic?

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post