TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Prosecutor of Year Re-Elected
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prosecutor of Year Re-Elected Login/Join 
posted
Congratulations to Bill Turner of Brazos County for his re-election. As Prosecutor of the Year, he well-deserved 4 more years. Read the local story.

Any other notable results out there?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would think 4-term DA Stephen Smith's loss in San Angelo might qualify as notable.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not have an opponent, but I still think it was a notable result.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen!

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Though I contemplated engaging in last-minute mudslinging in my unopposed race, I decided to take the high road. That, too, is notable.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three cheers for Chuck Rosenthal in Houston. We here at the Harris County Annex feel safer knowing he will be at the helm for four more years.

posted Hide Post
Congrats to Turner for fending off a nasty, nasty, unqualified challenger.

However, I know of 2 of our electeds who did not fare so well.
Kyle Freeman, the Democratic Rusk Co. DA since 1993 lost, as did Cindy Garner, who's been DA for about as long.
I've worked closely with them both in recent months and wish them all the best.

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Bill Turner, a class act. To win as a democrat is impressive - support from the whole community had to be there.

Posts: 15 | Location: lubbock, tx, usa | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Jones/Schackleford counties now have a ex-district judge as a DA - Billy John Edwards a republican in counties that tend to lean democratic.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course it might also be notable the ex-DA Sky Sudderth lost his bid for District Judge in Brown County

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know about Ricky Smith D.A. from Gaines and Dawson Counties?

Posts: 13 | Location: Seguin, Texas | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been told that Ricky Smith won his first contested election for the his four county jurisdiction by 49 votes. Red Face

Posts: 15 | Location: lubbock, tx, usa | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three of our neighboring County Attorneys were unseated after only one term: Mark Burtner in Lamar County (at the primary), Keith Willeford of Hunt County and Myles Porter in Fannin County.
Re-elected for second terms (unopposed) were Dusty Rabe in Hopkins Co. and Robert Vititow in Rains Co. Reelected (at the primary) and no opponent in general election, in Delta Co., yours truly, hmb.

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post