TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Health and Safety Code, Section 481.141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Health and Safety Code, Section 481.141 Login/Join 
posted
We have our first case under this section.
Our question is whether we should allege in the indictment the enhancement notice or wait until after indictment to send notice.
If anyone has done this before, pleae let me know as to how you addressed this issue and the language of the notice. Thanks, Doris Berry

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not used this statute before, but I would put it in the indictment by tracking the language of the statute as it applies to the facts of your case. It would be in a separate paragraph.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We haven't used the statute either, though we will be soon on a recent case. I agree that it would probably be best to place the enhancement in separate paragraph tracking the language of your facts. Let me know if you remember, how things go with your case. Thanks.

Steve Lilley
Asst. D.A. Hopkins County

Posts: 67 | Location: Sulphur Springs, TX | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post