TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Dating Dishonesty
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dating Dishonesty Login/Join 
posted
We already can get a protective order and prosecute someone in a dating relationship for stalking. What about adding dating dishonesty to the Penal Code? Read the story of love gone wrong.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The real question is whether any of the judges hearing this case and ruling that the respondent's conduct was not "outrageous", or extreme, was a woman whose biological clock was on melt-down?

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure that there are enough peace officers, prosecutors, or judges to handle the avalanche of charges that would ensue if dating dishonesty were included in the penal code.

Sounds more like a DTPA suit: "representing that a commodity is original or new if it is deteriorated, altered, rebuilt, reconditioned, reclaimed, used or secondhand"

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This woman obviously is not familiar with the Dave Edmonds' song, All Men Are Liars, with the wonderful chorus: "Hey girls, hey girls, get rusty pliers, to pull that tooth, all men are liars, and that's the truth."

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am highly impressed that a member of this forum and fellow prosecutor not only knows WHO Dave Edmunds is, but can quote from him as well. Good job, Jane!

I'll have to go home and listen to "Crawling from the wreckage" now.

Posts: 37 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: July 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure being a Dave Edmunds/Rockpile afficiando is a sign of coolness or just age. I am from the era where every female friend of mine who got married had "I Knew the Bride When She Used To Rock and Roll" played at her wedding reception. However, I still think of "Girl You Let the Knife and Fork Dig Your Grave" every time I see the box of plastic cutlery in the office pantry.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you know who Dave Edmunds is, as well as Rockpile, then you are hip, not old, and certainly not too old to rock and roll.

Posts: 37 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: July 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Jane:
"Dave Edmonds" is my younger brother. He can sing, but he's not famous for it.
"Dave Edmunds" is the hip rocker of old (acc. to some of our posters whose musical tastes have yet to come into the 21st century).

p.s. - Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds is no relation (as far as I can tell).

Posts: 2423 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Jane:

"Dave Edmonds" is my younger brother. He can sing, but he's not famous for it.

"Dave Edmunds" is the hip rocker of old (acc. to some of our posters whose musical tastes have yet to come into the 21st century).

p.s. - Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds is no relation (as far as I can tell).

Posts: 2423 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shannon -- surely you're not implying that Babyface Edmonds is better or more "21st century" music?

posted Hide Post
Shannon,

I'm curious as to which "21st century" musical artists I've missed out on whilst polishing my Dave Edmonds/Rockpile 8 tracks and records.

Do you mean bands like The Darkness, who are basically a musical cliche to the past a la acdc, motley crue, and that most famous of pretend old rockers, Spinal Tap? My 17 year old tells me that The Darkness is "it".

Or are you talking about emo music or scremo music? If so, I haven't missed a thing, even when I was in the back of the house looking for those old Joe Ely records...

posted Hide Post
No discussion of Rockpile can be complete without a nod and a tip of the hat to Nick Lowe. I always thought the band was an ensemble deal...like Squeeze. As far as coming into the 21st century, wake me when they come up with something.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post