TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Who controls docket in Constitutional County Court?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who controls docket in Constitutional County Court? Login/Join 
posted
For those of you who, like me, have only a constiutional county judge, is there any rule or procedure on who decides which cases are presented at each county court docket call. Here, those decisions have been defaulted to me, and I like it that way. But suppose a new judge arose that "knew not Joseph...." and wanted to pick the cases themselves?

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Art. 33.08 seems pretty clear.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It must be nice to have such control. I on the other hand am at the mercy of my constitutional county court with regard to what cases are set. I do not have an answer for you. However, I too am hopeful that the great minds of this forum will provide an answer.

Posts: 106 | Location: Uvalde, Texas | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am obviously too slow with my posts. Thanks Martin.

Posts: 106 | Location: Uvalde, Texas | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post