TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Release of Bond Conditions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Release of Bond Conditions Login/Join 
posted
After arrest, my JP placed numerous conditions on the Defendant's bond, including reporting to our probation department. I am offering the Defendant a Pretrial Diversion program which will also contain numerous conditions. Since there will not be a final judgment until the Diversion program is complete, we normally keep the bond active.

However, the bond conditions plus the Diversion program conditions taken together are a bit much. I would like an Order removing the conditions from the bond but keeping the bond active for purposes of making defendant appear if he violates the terms of the Diversion program.

Has anyone else run into this?

Posts: 16 | Location: Martin County, Texas | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your judge usually signs the Pretrial Diversion paperwork, then include language amending the bond conditions in that document. Or just a separate order amending bond conditions. Commonly our order amending bond conditions is used to ADD requirements, but we have used the same thing to delete conditions.

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post