TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Mexican Mafia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mexican Mafia Login/Join 
posted
I have to try a deadly conduct case with 2 victims, one an ex mafia member and one still presently in the gang according to TDCJ gang intelligence. Two defendants(One Mafia and One not documented yet) shot at them as they(my victims) were driving by.The ex member(my only real victim) has a "hit" out on him (as do all who choose to disassociate from the Gang.) The other mafia member victim dislikes refuses to testify. I also hear that you die if you rat out a Mafia member. I have a sworn statement from him. I plan to call him and if he refuses to testify have him held in contempt.I anticipate that he will try to help the Mafia Defendants by saying that it was too dark and he really couldn't be sure who he saw. Will the parole bd put him back? He's on parole for 45 years.How do I get anyone to believe my ex mafia member? It's like a prison prosecution case but freeworld.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're going to prove-up gang membership during the trial, you should put on an expert, either former gang member or gang intell person or such as that, to establish the darkness of the MM and other gangs like them. Talk about sponsorship, prospecting, the constitution, blood-in/blood-out, the fact that they're the largest gang in Tx prison system, and they continue their crimes in the freeworld. To snitch on the gang or one of its members is a death sentence; if the snitch can't be touched, then his family is exposed to the punishment; a hit doesn't expire; etc. Then, when you put your witness on and he clams up, you have proved to the jury what you earlier introduced through the expert. They will see first-hand what you brought up before, and connect his unwillingness with the danger he is exposed to. Threatening a guy who has sworn a blood oath to the Mexican Mafia with contempt probably won't influence him much. If the board chooses to revoke him for contempt, the gang will appreciate it, because he'll probably be easier to get to when he comes back.

We've prosecuted MM, TS, ABTs and just about all the other gangs, and we've used their former members in court; but it's never been real easy.

If you'll call or email me, maybe we can get some useful information for you.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AP, Thanks for the help. I have a someone from the Security Threat group on my list of witnesses, Clemente Rodriguez. Anything you can share will be greatly appreciated. He tells me that Bexar and Nueces are squeezing these guys out into the smaller towns. I know that San Pat had 2 murders recently that are gang related hits.I'll try to get your phone number from Herb Hancock so we can communicate.Do you think it is worth trying this case? I'm afraid if I dismiss the cases some innocent person may get caught in the crossfire.I also hate bullies!

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post