TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    John Plunkett
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Plunkett Login/Join 
posted
This Minnesota medical examiner is going to testify for the defense in a child abuse capital murder I am trying. Apparently he is to the "short falls can kill a child" camp. Has anyone cross-examined him?

Please contact me: Cindy Franklin, Bell County D.A.'s Office; cindy.franklin@co.bell.tx.us

254-933-5222
800-460 2355

Thanks!!

Posts: 7 | Location: Belton, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: October 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may want to call the American Prosecutors Research Institute to see if they have anything on this ME. The # is (703) 549-4253.

Posts: 41 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: February 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just as an update, Plunkett is an ex-coroner from a small Minnesota county. (Apparently he is now the assistant coroner in a sort of "coroner-emeritus" type role). Prosecutors nationwide have information, and APRI is the right place to start. Thanks to everyone who replied!

Posts: 7 | Location: Belton, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: October 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vincent DeMaiao (sp?) is the leading expert in Texas who buys the short fall theory. To understand where this witness is coming from, you may want to look at some of his work.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post