TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Professional Services Procurement Act
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Professional Services Procurement Act Login/Join 
posted
Our county hires professionals "in a flash", relying solely on the professional services exemption to the purchasing act. For some time, I have wondered how to apply the professional services procurement act. I imagine that it would be appropriate to construe the two statutes together. What is your experience in establishing a process for hiring professionals? Are RFQs considered in every case? Does your commissioners court simply blurt out he he desires "x person or firm" to be hired for the next agenda meeting as a professional service exemption to the purchasing act without considering the procurement act? Any suggestions? I have some ideas which would require a process for eact hiring, but the procurement act is silent on process except as to engineers, architects, surveyors and others. I also don't want to request an AG opinion on the matter. Thanks, Homero.

Posts: 5 | Location: Laredo, Texas | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post