TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Bond Forfeiture Program - Assistance Needed!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bond Forfeiture Program - Assistance Needed! Login/Join 
posted
This may be more appropriately posted in the Civil forum, but we'll see if we can get some help here first...

We're looking for a little assistance in helping to get a bond forfeiture program started. We do have a number of forms, but I have some concerns about their validity (judgment nisis, bailiff's affidavit, etc.).

Would any of you from counties with established forfeiture programs mind helping out a smaller county by providing us with some of the basic forms/templates needed for the implementation of such a program? And if you wouldn't mind answering some questions or helping with a little consultation via email or telephone, that would be most appreciated as well.

jpb@co.kerr.tx.us

Thanks so much for your help!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KCAO,

Posts: 1 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ours is broken too. If someone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Posts: 109 | Location: Kingsville, Texas, USA | Registered: July 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KCAO:
This may be more appropriately posted in the Civil forum...

Correct--it has been moved to Civil. You will get more help here.

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thanks for making me out to look like a liar, civil people.

C'mon, help a brother out!

Smile

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We revamped our entire bond forfeiture process back in October of last year. We will be more than happy to lend our advice and provide any assistance. Feel free to call me. 940-766-1388

Posts: 44 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, US | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
That's more like it! Thanks, Meredith.

posted Hide Post
Anyway to post a link to your program, Meredith? We're revamping as well...sounds like everyone is in need!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how to post a link to our program. We are in the process of writing up our procedure because we are hiring a new legal assistant. Maybe I could post that when we get it complete. I'll try to speed that along.

Posts: 44 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, US | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would it be possible for anyone to send a good template to me of a scire facias? I was recently put into the bail bond position, so I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before proceeding. Thanks.

rmclearen@lubbockcda.com

Posts: 5 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David Finney in Dallas. Ashley Fourt in Fort Worth. Kathy Braddock in Houston. In District Attorney's offices there have this type of information. Their email addresses are available thru the association.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post