TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    health authority
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

health authority Login/Join 
posted
Health and Safety Code Sec. 121.022 defines "health authority" as a physician and sets out various authorities of the health officer. H&S Code Sec.341.012 tells me I need a health authority to pursue a nuisance abatement. Does everyone (except us) have a physician "health authority"? Assuming some of you don't, why not?

Posts: 23 | Location: Rockport, Texas USA | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at chapter 343 instead. From what I've read, it allows the county to set abatement procedures through its code enforcement or environmental department; there's no need to wait for a referral from a local health authority.

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
25 TAC 85.1

(e) A regional director of the department* shall perform the duties of a health authority for a municipality, county, public health district, or entity authorized to appoint a health authority in a jurisdiction in the regional director's region in which there is no health authority.

*Texas Department of State Health Services -- see http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/rls/lha/default.shtm

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post