TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    CPS DA's (stepchildren)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CPS DA's (stepchildren) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
PS- thanks for the drink offer!! Sorry to cause such a fuss.

Posts: 131 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Erik said above that there will be no cps track at the annual in September. I cut and pasted the relevant statements.

However, I hear there is going to be a really cool band there this year.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by erik:
I understand the frustration that y'all may have about the lack of CPS tracks or DWI tracks or Juvenile tracks at this year's annual, but I wanted to ensure that you all knew that this decision was not made lightly.

The decision was made to not include these tracks for several reasons, but primarily it was for these reasons:

* that we were already providing the training for these tracks in other seminars (DWI training throughout the year with Clay Abbott, juvenile training on our summer regional tour, and a CPS track in our four-day training on Child Sex Abuse that concluded a couple weeks ago);

* that South Padre is a horrible venue for "breakouts" because of the inflexibility of the convention center to create rooms that hold more than 20 but less than 400;

* that it was a non-legislative year, so there was no statutory changes to "update"; and

* that the number of tracks exponentially increases our overall costs as it involves more speakers, handouts, etc. and we have to balance that against how many attendees we can expect for each track.

However, for the reasons above, the training committee and I decided not to include it in this year's tracks.QUOTE]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had one hour on CPS when we were in Galveston several years ago.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post