TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Appeal of Property Hearing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appeal of Property Hearing? Login/Join 
posted
My cops seized items at a drug dealers house and then had a property hearing under Tex. Code Crim. Proc. art. 18.16 (2007) to see if they should be returned to the defendant. Well the judge decided to return the property but my officers want to let a less impartial judge decide. can we appeal? what do we do? got any authority? thanks.

Posts: 59 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a belly laugh out of this one. Sorry.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do you want an impartial judge or a less impartial judge?

Posts: 13 | Registered: June 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He said what he meant. He wants a judge that is partial to the police and prosecution, like he's used to. Thus, less impartial judge. What's the problem?

Posts: 26 | Location: Levelland, TX 79336 | Registered: January 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or maybe he wants a judge that places the burden of proof on the right party.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post