TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Possible Dead Guy Not Served
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible Dead Guy Not Served Login/Join 
posted
So, we seized a car from a drug dealer. Not a big surprise that it was titled in someone else's name. We attempted service a bunch of times on the registered owner and could never get him. Because we attempted service at the address the car was registered to, I filed a motion for substitute service to post on the court house. The clerk's haven't done it yet. However, there's an obit with the guy's same name. I don't know if it is the guy or not.

So, what do I do now? Let the citation by posting happen? Or is there some alternative?

(I just finished the land deal I was working on and now this!!)

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Previous thread on serving the dead property/vehicle owner

If it is the same guy, presumably the obit will give you survivor information and allow you to perform a search of the probate court to determine whether or not an estate has been opened and an executor/administrator named.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post