TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Bond fortfeiture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bond fortfeiture Login/Join 
posted
Is it true bondsman no longer have the power to arrest or capture on a failure to appear. Are there any exceptions. It seem crazy to hold them responsible for not having defendants in court when they cannot take appropriate action to get the defendants atention.

Posts: 106 | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCP Art. 17.19 (e) authorizes a peace officer, security officer, or a licensed private investigator to execute a warrant or capias in a bond surrender situation. CCP Art. 23.05(b) authorizes a peace officer or licensed private investigator to execute a capias following a bond forfeiture. Most of the bonding companies hire a private investigator.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks
I am tired of their whining. I do think they have a valid complaint. I assume their past abuses is why the leg. took away the arrest right.

Posts: 106 | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really think the legislature watched a little TV and decided they thought Dog the Bounty Hunter should be cancelled. Here's a link so y'all can buy the entirety of Season 1 !!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006L7UFQ/102-8660001-6191355?v=glance&n=130

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post