TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Contempt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contempt Login/Join 
posted
I have a court date in a week for custody of my grandkids, my son is taking them out of state tomorrow, they are under a standing order of Ellis county not to leave the state, since I do not have custody yet I can not stop him, can I file contempt charges on him, I am doing this ProSe if so how do I do it?

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: March 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the TDCAA Bulletin Boards. The discussions in these user forums are for the benefit of prosecutors and their staff members. We welcome relevant and appropriate input from other members of the criminal justice and government lawyer community, but anonymous posting is not permitted. The opinions expressed on this forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of TDCAA, its staff, or any other member of the association. These forums are NOT a source of legal advice for citizens. Call the State Bar of Texas (800/204-2222) for information on seeking legal advice.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry, I thought this was an open fourm for legal options, please excuse the post

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: March 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is an open forum, but it cannot be used for what you need. The rules applicable to our profession and practice do not allow us to represent individuals this way. Indeed, many of the posters on the forum are prohibited by statute from engaging in the private practice of law.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post