TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Need sexual abuse expert
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need sexual abuse expert Login/Join

posted
I have an upcoming agg. sexual assault case where abuse started when child was 10 but wasn't reported until she was in her mid-20's. Can anyone recommend an expert in the San Antonio area who can testify about delayed outcry, acting out, long-term mental/emotional effects of child sex abuse, etc.? My victim has not had any real form of counselling; she refuses to go more than the initial visit.

Posts: 34 | Location: Seguin, TX, USA | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you considered William Lee Carter, Ph.D. out of Waco. He comes to Austin and testifies on our delayed outcry cases and does a great job explaining that and many of the other issues in child sex abuse cases.

Posts: 4 | Location: Austin, Tx, USA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used Dr Carter at least 3 times for many different issues. He is wonderful and a truth teller. I used him on the recommendation of the TCDA's office, and boy, was that ever a good recommendation.

He is HQ'd in Waco but travels and leaves spaces in his calender for emergencies.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post