TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Accident reconstruction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accident reconstruction Login/Join

posted
Who is the top accident reconstruction expert in Texas? The US?

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a great booklet put out by APRI called Crash Reconstruction Basics for Prosecutors written by John Bobo from APRI's National Traffic Law Center. He gives all the kudos to John Kwasnoski, Professor Emeritus of Forensic Physics at Western New England College. APRI might be able to lead you to someone if you're looking for an expert other than the usual DPS recon.

If your looking for an expert to testify and can afford it, I'd ask a big $$ civil firm who they use.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll put my vote in for Rusty Haight for top reconstructionist in the U.S., although John Kwaznoski is an excellent choice. Depends what you want...John is a physicist with impeccable credentials who is unbeatable in theory. Rusty is known for having his own series on Discovery Channel regarding accident reconstruction, has experience working accident scenes as a police officer, and has an engineering degree. I've heard both of them speak to groups and they are awesome.

As far as Texas goes I would recommend Tim Lovett or Lee Jackson from the Dallas /Fort Worth Area. Contact TAARS for a good recommendation for any area of the state.

Posts: 2 | Location: grapevine tx | Registered: October 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post