TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    expert witness Dr. Caram?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

expert witness Dr. Caram? Login/Join

posted
I just found out that the expert witness for the defense in my capital baby death case will be Dr. Pedro M. Caram, M.D. with an outfit called Analytical Group. His background is in Pediatrics and head trauma. Has anyone dealt with him in the past?

Posts: 38 | Location: Brownsville, Tx, USA | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caram just got off the stand. I have his CV and can let anyone interested know how he testified. The defense just rested and we argue in the morning. The Judge directed us out on Capital Murder and we are going on Injury to a Child only. His reasoning was that we had no evidence of "intent". Forgetting that it can be inferred from the circumstances, we also had 1) prior abuse by the def against the 7 month old victim, 2) signs of suffocation in addition to the injuries from the shaking and 3) proved that the def's claim of doing CPR on the victim was an impossiblility. But, that should be a whole different post.

Posts: 38 | Location: Brownsville, Tx, USA | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post