TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Alvin Jaffee, MD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alvin Jaffee, MD Login/Join

posted
He has been designated as the defense expert in an injury to a child/shaken baby case I have coming up. Anyone ever heard of him/dealt with him before? Thanks!

Xochitl

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a fleeting meeting of Dr. Jaffe in a civil case when I was a plaintiff's attorney. It has been a few years and we didn't really get to deep into the case, but as I recall, he was just starting to delve into the expert arena (circa 2000-'01)He was a nice enough guy and seemed to be reasonable in his approach. You might want to see what your local civil insurance defense bar might be able to give you. They have ways of making an expert speak Wink Usually by getting all their prior depositions, any articles they've written and every check ever written by a plaintiff's attorney. Happy hunting Razz

Posts: 26 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Jaffee has also been recently designated as court-appointed expert for the defense in an injury to a child case we have pending in Bexar County. I did a search through Lexis and found two other cases he had consulted on (one in Tulsa,Oklahoma, and one in Gulfport, Mississippi). Both involved acute head injuries to infants. His position was that trauma at some point could suddenly manifest itself. One case I think alleged lack of oxygen at birth contributed to the later injury. One case resulted in acquittal. We're going to try to get transcripts of his testimony, if available.

Anyone else have ANY thing?

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post