TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Benny Barnhart of Wichita Falls
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benny Barnhart of Wichita Falls Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any experience with him? Prior testimony? Expect that his testimony at punishment will be to the effect that the Defendant's blood alcohol was so high that she is unable to function and make wise choices, etc. so she should get probation and treatment instead of jail for dragging a cop with her car.

Thanks.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is a psychiatrist in Wichita Falls. I do not remember him ever testifying as an expert in a criminal case regarding alcohol levels or its effects. Quite frankly, I don't remember him ever testifying in a criminal case as an expert.

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a record of his involvement in a criminal case. The case is from 1998 and the appellate opinion mentions his name.

However, all it says is that he diagnosed the victim in this case with psychosis because she thought she was possessed.

I can send you the text of the opinion if you want me to. Its a decision from 1998 without any official citation.

Posts: 2 | Location: Evanston, IL, USA | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post