TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Michael Gottlieb, PhD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Gottlieb, PhD Login/Join

posted
Trying to find any prior expert testimony of Gottlieb regarding false memories of children.

Posts: 5 | Location: anna,tx usa | Registered: April 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Mitzi. I have Gottlieb as a defense expert on implanted memories in an upcoming trial, as well. I have not found anything particularly helpful so far, but I'll let you know if I do. If you have anything worth sharing, I'd certainly appreciate it, as well.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kept him from testifying on another subject during a trial. The very short version is that, now that he is basically just a witness for a living, he has become a jack of all trades--in my case, not only was he not an expert on the subject (once again, not child memories) because he had "read the research in the field" but I also got him to admit that "the research in the field" was not substantial and the judge ruled that the subject matter didn't pass Daubert muster.

Posts: 108 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cross examined him in TX vs. Joseph Garbarini. Can get transcript copy for you if you'd like.

quote:
Originally posted by mitzi mcevoy:
Trying to find any prior expert testimony of Gottlieb regarding false memories of children.

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Crystal,
Yes, please, I would like a copy of the transcript. Thank you.
Mitzi McEvoy.
If not too voluminous, you can email it to me at:
mcevoym@co.grayson.tx.us
if you want you can fax it to me at 903/892-9933
OR, you can send it to me at:
GRAYSON COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, 200 S. Crockett, Suite 116A, Sherman, TX 75090-7167, ATTN: Investigator Mitzi Levi McEvoy
Again thank you so very much for your assistance.
Mitzi

Posts: 5 | Location: anna,tx usa | Registered: April 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crystal,

Would you mind sending a copy of the transcript to me as well.
Email - Cassandra.benoist@co.Caldwell.tx.us or FAX at 512-398-1811.

Thank you so much for your help.
-Cassie

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post