TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Bad Guy DWI 'Expert' - Dr. James Booker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Guy DWI 'Expert' - Dr. James Booker Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any information on Dr. James Booker? I've got trial set in mid May w/ a BT of .118 40 minutes after the arrest...

Any help would be appreciated!

jwilliams@wilco.org

Posts: 2 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: April 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact Spencer Giles at Brazos County CA. The main thing Booker claims is that he has actually conducted tests using the Intoxilizer 5000 and found it inaccurate. I don't see how he will help the defense much, because I think his absorption/elimination rates are generally pretty accurate (i.e., he should help you prove your case). We have cross-examined him twice, but unfortunately lost both cases so there is no record available (loss was not related to his testimony). I haven't seen him since Mata, so that will no doubt give him something more to sell (i mean say).

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ask me about James Booker. He's one of those "jack of all trades" experts who will testify about any subject for a buck. I have a copy of his CV, and it's loads of fun to cross examine him about it. I also have a couple of transcripts on him. He's a real know-it-all, who will talk and talk and confuse the jury, but that's what's dangerous about him. You must plan well for your cross-exam! He'll say that the body can absorb for up to 4 hours, and fiddle with your extrapolation numbers to make them fit his theory. (Yes, I did get extrapolation in post-Mata, but I had a bunch of facts.) Jeremiah -- stick your head in next door and see me.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got quite a lot of stuff on James Booker. I prepared a cross examination on an intoxication manslaughter in which he didn't end up testifying. In doing so, I gathered articles, prior testimony, etc. If you think this will be helpful, e-mail me and we'll figure out how much of this stuff you want.

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TDCAA has some transcripts on him too. Call Erik Nielsen.

[This message was edited by erik on 04-11-02 at .]

Posts: 68 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: June 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post