TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Evangeline Barefoot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Evangeline Barefoot Login/Join

posted
Has anyone had Evangeline Barefoot testify for the defense in a child sexual assault case? I can't find any articles that she's written. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Bethany

Posts: 20 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is a SANE nurse trainer. She has done presentations for TDCAA.

Posts: 108 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's on a defense attorney's witness list to testify in a child sexual assault case. Know anything about her in trial?

Bethany

Posts: 20 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don't. I have seen her at TDCAA and participated in one of her trainings (as the defense attorney).

Posts: 108 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's a SANE nurse in Williamson County and has been for years. I don't know what she'd testify to for the defense. Surely she won't be saying that a lack of physical findings mean no sexual assault occurred. She's testified plenty of times that just because there are no injuries to the genitals doesn't mean that a sexual assault occurred. She'll describe the hymen as like a "scrunchie" and talk about the effect of estrogen on it and the flexibility and resiliancy of the hymen. Are there any physical findings in your case? PM me if you want.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: April 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever had her testify? If so, what was the extent of her testimony?
Misty

Posts: 12 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: January 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is an expert for the defense in an aggravated sexual assault going to trial on Monday. Does anyone have any information or prior cross examinations of her? I know this is late notice but we just found out today and the parents are very eager for us to waive notice and not take a continuance in the interest of the children. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 11 | Registered: April 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post