TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    DNA Expert - Dr. Paul Goldstein
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DNA Expert - Dr. Paul Goldstein Login/Join

posted
We are set to begin a Capital Murder trial next month and have received notice of a DNA defense expert named Dr. Paul Goldstein at UTEP. I was able to obtain a file from NDAA on some of his past testimony and hoped that some of y'all might have some experiences with him that you would be willing to share.

tsmith@co.lubbock.tx.us

[This message was edited by Admin on 01-07-04 at .]

Posts: 61 | Location: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I crossed Goldstein in a death penalty case back in 1997. After I chewed on him for about an hour, he literally looked over at the trial judge and asked the judge why I was being so mean to him......... (true story)....... I can probably rustle up a copy of his direct and my cross if you want it. I think that it would be helpful. Unless he's come a long way since '97, he won't be very effective.... I can be reached next week at 936-336-4609.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correction regarding my last post - I dug out the record in the death penalty case wherein Goldstein was called by the defense as a dna expert. He didn't ask why I was being mean to him..... It went like this during the middle of my cross.....
Goldstein: "What is he trying to do to me?"
Judge: "Sir?"
Goldstein: "What is he doing?"
Judge: "I do not know, Doctor, he is just asking questions. If you can answer them, answer them. If you cannot, tell him you cannot answer them."
It's times like those that keep me doing God's work.......

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post