TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Dr. Elizabeth Loftus?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Elizabeth Loftus? Login/Join

posted
The defense plans to tender her to explain the phenomenon of "false memory" in an Agg. Sex. Assault of a Child case. She plans to say that the younger an individual is at the time of the recalled event, and the more time that has passed from the present to the recalled event, the greater the risk of "false memory."

I found quite a few things online, but one transcript I found suggests that she has testified as a defense expert multiple times in Texas.

Thank you for your help!

Pamela Boggess
Tarrant County Assistant District Attorney

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW--Someone actually HIRED Dr. Loftus?

She is the expert in problems with memory as well as identification. Her books and studies are taught in university psychology classes. I had no idea she was testifying, let alone in Texas.

Do you have an expert who can help you on her testimony?

Posts: 108 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might want to check out DeLong v. State, 2006 WL 3334016

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dick Deguerin called Dr. Loftus in a trial against Kelly Siegler several years ago. Kelly destroyed her on cross. See State v. Goldberg, 95 SW3d 345.

Posts: 13 | Registered: February 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post