TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Hot Checks notification by post card
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hot Checks notification by post card Login/Join 
posted
Because of the high rate of returned mail and the cost of envelopes, postage etc. our Hot Check Division was considering the use of post cards with very generic information on it advising check writers that a case was pending and a warrant may be on file for their arrest and to contact us. Our ADA that covers us in civil litigation advised he was 'uncomfortable with this' and ultimately the 1st Assistant denied the use of post cards for this purpose. I have heard and seen from other counties that this is not a unique practice and my ADA would not give me a specific reason for the refusal. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation?

[This message was edited by Russell B. on 04-23-07 at .]

Posts: 3 | Location: Tyler, TX, USA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Russell,

If you are still interested, our office use Post Cards and we will share w/you a copy if you like.

I have found them to be very helpful and effective. We have been using Post Cards instead of letter since 2002 and have had only approx. 3 to 5 complaints from Check Writers.

Let me know and I will drop one of our Hot Check packets in the mail to you.

Willie Mae Williams

WMW

Posts: 15 | Location: Columbus, Texas USA | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sounds like something that would make for a great fundraiser. Selling specially designed post cards for hot check writers.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have some extras if you would like to buy some!

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But I don't want to buy one. Unless you'll take a check...

Posts: 71 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post