TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Case Management Software
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case Management Software Login/Join 
posted
Can as many people as possible, please tell me what Case Management Software they use and to what extent it is used in their county? I understand Fort Bend has a system which was designed just for them. What about everyone else, both large and small and every sized county in between. Thank you!

Posts: 1 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are going to a new system. Government Service Automation. We will be converted sometime in January. Our office covers five counties in the Panhandle and we have seven employees. You can check out the website www.gsaweb.com or email Ethan Crawford ethanc@gsaweb.com for more information. Their phone number is 800-305-9434
Hope this helps.

Posts: 42 | Location: McKinney TX | Registered: June 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a stand-alone case management system for our database, dockets, grand jury agendas, disposition reports, etc. It has a separate hot check component. It has a lot of features. We are not integrated with other departments. It is CLASS provided by Office Systems Center, 110 N. Main St., Victoria, TX 77091, phone 361-575-6886. We are in a small county and have three attorneys and 5 key personnel on our staff.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evelyn, I am truly sorry to hear that you are going to GSA. We have had them since the early 80's. We are just now switching to the browser based systems that other people had a decade ago. It will take several more years to be fully converted.
For the over $40,000 per month we pay them, you would think we might get better service but they only seem to be interested when it is contract renewal time.

Good luck, you will need it.

Posts: 13 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rick, What kind of problems have you had? We have signed a contract but as yet haven't switched over. We are having major problems with our internet and network people. Our providers say they can't give us the VPN that we need for the new software. GSA has been helpful during our problems with our provider. I would really like to hear about your concerns as they have mentioned your county when talking about others that use the system.

Posts: 42 | Location: McKinney TX | Registered: June 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a more recent discussion of the similar thread started 4 years ago and still the same problems. We used a DOS-based system for years until it crashed in 2004 from the volume of data. Our county's MIS dept. wrote a Windows-based program that imported all of our data and customized it for our needs. It also merges data with MS Word. This is also temporary as the county is trying to interface all dept's(Sheriff, clerk, DA) so the info. only gets typed once for all to use. Since everyone has their own programs, this is difficult to do. The companies that have come out have excellent case management software for the clerk's office, but no prosecutor modules. They then modify what they have for the clerk to try and fit our needs, but it comes across as just that and it doesn't work. I saw Prosecutor's Dialog at one of our seminars and they had a fairly decent product as did Tyler Technologies. ACS blows. And you're talking about multi-million dollar contracts for some of these, so may limit your county's ability to get a good product. Call me at 281-238-3206 for more gory details - I was on the front lines.

Posts: 73 | Location: Richmond, TX | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I can tell you is, if your county is looking at purchasing anything by The Software Group (or "TSG" - slick, huh?) run, don't walk, over to Brazos County. Then let me show you how frustrating our supposedly multi-million dollar system is. I can't possibly do it justice without describing it for the next hour.

Posts: 114 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post