TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    CCA Clerk's Introduction to TDCAA Community
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCA Clerk's Introduction to TDCAA Community Login/Join 
posted
Hello everyone,

My name is Ben Gillis and I'm currently working as a briefing attorney (1-year law clerk) at the Court of Criminal Appeals. I'm pursuing a career in prosecution, and Mr. Greg Gilleland at the Bastrop County DA's office suggested that I introduce myself to the TDCAA community by posting to this forum.

I've been focused on prosecution since I began law school, and prior to taking the bar and my clerkship, I interned at district and county attorney's offices in the Austin area. I've sat first chair in county court and have extensive mock trial experience.

I would love to get some advice from some of you about how to go about contacting offices and getting my name out there. As I'm sure some of you will be hearing from me in the near future, I've posted my resume for your reference. I hope to join your ranks as a county prosecutor in the near future.

Ben Gillis

PDF DocBen_Gillis_Resume.pdf (91 Kb, 10 downloads) Ben Gillis Resume

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep a sharp eye on the Job Bank section of this website. I can't speak for other offices, but I can tell you it's our primary source for soliciting applications when we have prosecutorial openings.

Best of luck in coming to work for the good guys!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post