TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Odyssey Case Management System
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Odyssey Case Management System Login/Join 
posted
Our county converted to a case management system called Odyssey in 2004-2005. I think we were one of the first to go with them. We have been having issues, and when we request them to be fixed, the company advises us that we need to convert to the "Prosecutor" Package of Odyssey because the package we converted under wasn't really for DA's offices. We have been leary to do so because of concerns related to tech support and the potential for loss of information/data. So my first question to any other office is whether you or someone else you know started with the regular "clerk" version of Odyssey and converted to Prosecutor Odyssey-- and whether you/they had any issues during that conversion? My second question: is there anyone that is actually happy with the Odyssey program, and if so, what version are you using. (I know I'm getting lengthy, but we really would like to know...) Third question: does anyone have a case management program that they really love that is user friendly, functional, and offers good tech support?

Posts: 2 | Location: Kaufman, Texas | Registered: October 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have been using the Prosecutor Package in Odyssey since December of 2009. Before that we used the Legacy version of the prosecutor package since about 2006. While not everyone would agree with me, I have been very pleased with the Odyssey product and find it to be pretty user friendly. Our clerk's office uses Case Manager (also Odyssey) and the SO uses the Jail Manager package. Our JP's recently began using the JP package (don't know what it's called). In my opinion you will always have conversion issues when changing software packages, but how bad those issues might be depend a great deal on how accurate the information was that was entered in your previous system.

Any software package is dependant upon two things, accurate data entry and the configuration set-up that you work on before going live with the package. I personally think Odyssey is really good and Tyler has been very good about support for the most part.

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto here. Fort Bend and Williamson are both on the cutting edge and continue to help Tyler develop the program to better suit the needs of the prosecutor. Email me offline and I will be happy to speak with you about what it does and what we are doing in the future.

Posts: 73 | Location: Richmond, TX | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We went from a mainframe system to Odyssey case manager, prosecutor, and jail manager.

Slow slow slow. Data was lost. You tell them that things must be a certain way because of the law and they give you the look of a trout--glassy eyes, open mouth. Does not seem to me to be a good vehicle for eliminating paper. Seems like you have to look at three or four screens to get the key info about a case. People complained about seeing the spinning watch all the time so they changed to a different waiting symbol.

Check with Tarrant County--I've heard lots of good reviews of their system. But it seems like Odyssey is winning the marketing war.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased unified software for case management, document merging, and hot checks from Prosecutor by Karpel. They have installed their software in all prosecutor's offices in Missouri and are now making inroads in Califormia. It has exceeded my expectations. The cost was low and the performance high. I would encourage you to check them out if you are in the market for new software.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling aggrieved today so I looked up this thread simply to say I hate Odyssey. Hate it. Slow. Unfriendly. Counter-intuitive. HATE. IT.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Outed in like 15 minutes. I hates the interwebs.