TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Closing Practice to go back to prosecution
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Closing Practice to go back to prosecution Login/Join 
<Bob Cole,Jr.>
posted
I am closing my practice to return to prosecution. Besides contacting clients ans withdrawing for the cases that require it, are there any pointers from others who have done the same? Honestly, shutting it down is harder than starting it up!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm dealing with something now regarding that. I've been out of private practice since the end of 2016. I used to scan, store, and shred my old paper files. Now I'm having trouble with the cloud storage company. I think they may have gone under, and I'm not sure if I can access old files upon request. So I would certainly be sure you can store things in a way you can access them later.

Posts: 26 | Registered: December 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole,Jr.>
posted
I am scanning to an external hard drive so I don't have to worry about the cloud company.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob: Just be sure that you have a system to check the names of the people you prosecute against your past clients. Many years ago a prosecutor caught a grievance because she prosecuted a past client, and the State Bar was unimpressed with her defense that she didn't remember the person and didn't keep any records!

Posts: 273 | Registered: January 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post