TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    art made from Grits-YOU RATE IT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

art made from Grits-YOU RATE IT Login/Join 
posted

Question:
here's a poem from huevos rancheros, the personal website of the gristman who so often raids the tdcaa forum for opinions and commentary. Although his commentary often villifies prosecutors and law enforcement, with this poem we can see that grist has a human side, a vulnerable side, a side that is "ALONE".

Here's the art:

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Alone

Alone
Nobody here
The one person who wants to be with me cannot
And I've driven everyone else away

Alone
No job, no career, only words
No shared goals, no workers' camaraderie
The writer's task is solitary

Alone
I've never accomplished anything
But alone is how I accomplish everything
So my achievements feel pyrrhic

Alone
I wish I found more comfort in God
I wish I were closer to my family
I wish I knew better how to have friends

Alone
The world is still a grand place, full of possibilities
People are kind, fear is surmountable, hope is justified
I don't believe that God is dead though he seems lost to the world

Alone
My muscles contract and my back wrenches
My mind seizes on itself, devoured by fear and self-doubt
I cannot comfort myself, I can only be comforted, but I am

Alone

posted by Gritsforbreakfast at 2:47 PM | 1 comments

Choices:
Really good poem-changed my life
Maybe not ready to be published just yet...Hey, do you know RTC?
Yeah, are they still having open mic night at Ruta Maya?
How long have you been having these feelings?
A cry for help

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm more curious as to why you decided to post this under the "Other" thread.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope he feels better soon. He seems sad.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should we send him a fruit basket?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe we should wonder why Greg is lurking over there? Heck, Greg seems to spend enough time lurking over there that maybe RTC is Greg's alter ego, and their exchanges just an internal dialogue . . . Wink

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
I'm more curious as to why you decided to post this under the "Other" thread.

I felt like sharing, and I didn't think it fit under any catagory but this.

Maybe AP, Scott, Scott and Don, inc. can put this to music?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
Maybe we should wonder why Greg is lurking over there? Heck, Greg seems to spend enough time lurking over there that maybe RTC is Greg's alter ego, and their exchanges just an internal dialogue . . . Wink

Shudder to think! You don't know me well, but you know me better than that.

posted Hide Post
Greg, come on now, put that slingblade down and come back in and watch some TV. We're all going to work on a jigsaw puzzle after lunch, and you can do the edges.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe AP, Scott, Scott and Don, inc. can put this to music?

It's already been done. I believe the answer you're looking for is Matthew Sweet's "Sick of Myself," which we were prepped to perform but ultimately dropped because of one guitarist's incompetence.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Sick of Myself" that's awesome!

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, and Scott wouldn't let us play it, because the bass guy didn't have it down right.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would've been sweet. Yeah, that's right. I said it.

posted Hide Post
Who sang "alone again, naturally"? Was it that Gilbert O'Sullivan guy? Like all other bad songs, of course it is burned into my memory forever.