TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Recommend any good wines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend any good wines? Login/Join 
posted
I know a few of you out there drink wine, and I'm a creature of habit, so I usually don't branch out beyond a couple of favorites. But, I was thinking of branching out, and I was wondering what wines some of the more experienced wine connoisseurs might recommened. Which Texas wines are good, for example?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thunderbird.

Boone's Farm.

Strawberry Hill.

Mad Dog 20 20

Now that that's out of the way. Any good wines that you might recommend? Which Texas wines are good?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I wanna go to Miami!"

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always had excellent luck with the Llano Estacado brands. They will mix and match for a case quantity, and the winery tour is pretty fun. They are in Lubbock. I also personally like the Meeker Merlot with the painted handprints on the bottle. Not only a pretty good Merlot, but the handprints are a good conversation starter.

Posts: 21 | Location: Kermit, Texas | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had the Llano wines also and they are very good. Another label we like (and the wine is good, too) is Menage a Trois -- both the chardonnay and the merlot. Yellow Tail Shiraz is also good.

Posts: 74 | Location: Hempstead, TX USA | Registered: February 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like St. Genevieve "Texas Red." It is a good solid red wine without a lot of bite or aftertaste. Best of all - it's cheap!

Posts: 33 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texaas | Registered: February 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite red wine is Red Rock merlot. It's amazing and very affordable. Only a few restaurants carry it so I order it online here: http://jerichowine.com/item.asp?PID=1091

Posts: 3 | Location: Gainesville, Texas | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post