TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Harris Cty DA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harris Cty DA Login/Join 
posted
At the annual update someone mentioned an ADA in Harris County who was dealing with some heavy duty medical bills...we have a small contribution from our office...but nobody here can remember her name or who was handling this business...can someone help us get our mite to the right place...thanks Fred at Waller County DA's Office

Posts: 130 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Contact Info

(713) 755-5846

Ted Wilson or Angela Parrish

Harris County has a fund set up to receive donations. Call the number I've posted here and they'll get you the necessary information. Checks can be made out to the "Emily Asel Fund" and sent to Ms. Parrish or Mr. Wilson at the Harris County DA's office. There's no reason why we all can't give a dollar or two."

I've snagged this from the post by the superlative Phillip Ray on the thread dedicated to this topic.

Here's a link, if you'd like to see more:

Link

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks David...I haven't checked/read the "other" section of the forum after seeing that depressing poem Greg posted a while back..Fred

Posts: 130 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone's a critic Wink

And FYI, 57% of the poll voters found that the poem was "a cry for help" from it's author.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you send me an email, Mr. Newell, on how this family is doing? Many of us are concerned.

BTW, I'm in trial but will get that information to you this week.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg,

I think there was a link in Mr. Ray's thread to Emily's website. It appears that the good news is that Emily's baby was born and has come home, but frankly, her website is where I get my info. I've included another link here:

Emily Asel's Web Journal

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the email David. These are truly special people, and once she has beaten her cancer, she will bring justice to many crime victims.

I read in the Chronicle article about how her husband lost his job, so I'll send more money. I urge everyone else to do the same.