TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Refile petition?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refile petition? Login/Join 
posted
We had previously filed a petition for discretionary transfer. When we got the report back from the psychologist, he recommended keeping the juvenile in the juvenile system. Do I need to file either a new or amended petition alleging the offense, or is this a "lesser-included" type situation where we could proceed to adjudication under the petition for discretionary transfer?

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dismiss and refile especially since i'm assuming it's going to be going before the GJ.

Posts: 77 | Location: Montgomery County, Texas | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check the wording on your petition/motion. A petition for discretionary transfer should end with a plea to the court for transfer. Since that is not what you want - I think you should refile - whether or not you plan to take it to the Grand Jury (the wording on that one should be different, too).

Posts: 113 | Location: Houston, Texas,USA | Registered: October 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post