TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    sex offender registation and illegal aliens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sex offender registation and illegal aliens Login/Join 
posted
I have a case where a Juvenile Respondent was adjudicated for agg sexual assault of a child. He completed probation and is pending a registation hearing. Probation recently informed me that the Respondent is an illegal alien. DPS requires that a registered sex offender must an ID card/DL. Illegals can't get this. has anyone ever had this issue before? I'm not sure this issue is my problem.

Posts: 10 | Location: Richmond, Texas USA | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That just doesn't sound right but most knowledgeable person I know about sex offender registration from the DPS side is Shelia Bledsoe. She has helped me out on numerous occassions with registration questions. Email me and I'll give you her contact info.

Is Tyra still the head of juvi in your county ?

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post