TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Schools / Dangerous Drugs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schools / Dangerous Drugs Login/Join 
posted
I am not finding Delivery/Possession of Dangerous Drugs included in the "Drug Free School Zone" section??? It is also not included in the list of offenses reportable for School Notifications under CCP 15.27 ?!? Also.....Art 15.27 states the school should be notified when a juvenile is arrested or "referred to Juvenile board".......so are we required or SHOULD we be required to notify the schools when an ADULT student commits a reportable offense??? Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Orange, Texas USA | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reporting requirement is for all students, whether juvenile or adult.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that a dangerous drug case (obtaining w/o a prescription) is not subject to the school zone enhancements provided for controlled substances, and I just checked CCP 15.27 and it appears that dangerous drug offenses are not covered by that section either, only controlled substances (15.27(h)(2)).

Ken is right - if the offense is reportable to the school under 15.27 - that applies to all students, regardless of whether they are juveniles or adults.

Posts: 113 | Location: Houston, Texas,USA | Registered: October 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post