TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    License suspensions for drug offenses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

License suspensions for drug offenses Login/Join 
posted
Can someone help me out with whether or not Under Section 521.342 of the Transportation Code we are supposed to suspend the drivers licenses for a juvenile who is adjudicated for an offense involving drugs? The statute says that anyone under 21 is to have their license suspended on a "conviction" of the listed crimes.
Normally a juvenile adjudication is not considered a "conviction" and I was wondering if their is any exception for this statute. I do know there are several offenses which the family code requires license suspension, but it does not list drug offenses specifically.

Hope I am not missing something, thanks for the help.

Steve Lilley
ACA - Hunt County

Posts: 67 | Location: Sulphur Springs, TX | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Section 54.02, Family Code.

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Section 54.042

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, can't type!

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post