TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    housing juveniles/adults
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

housing juveniles/adults Login/Join 
posted
We have a 17 year old who has been certified and convicted in Harris County for Agg Robbery. He's serving 9 years. He was benched back to our county to be certified for a robbery out of the same transaction. Where should he be "housed" pending certification? County jail or detention center? I can't find any authority for him to be detained in the county jail. Thanks.

Posts: 77 | Location: Montgomery County, Texas | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
look at 54.02(p)

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
interesting how thoroughly reading the code will answer your questions. i read sections m & n and then gave up. sorry for wasting your time and thanks.

Posts: 77 | Location: Montgomery County, Texas | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anytime !

I just had someone else ask me a similar question and had looked it up so thats the only reason I knew the answer.

Are you in the same office with Marcia Tillman ?
She and I were baby prosecutors together (for both our sakes I won't say how long ago).

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i used to work with marcia at the da's office. i moved over to the ca's office to prosecute juveniles. she's spoken highly of you on several occasions (most recently she called in your expertise on a 15 year old agg sex case in which we were utterly confused about limitations, certifications, what the law was in 1991, etc.). Thanks again.