TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Probationer's Facebook
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Probationer's Facebook Login/Join 
posted
I have a juvenile on probation who is detained for violations and new offenses. As a term and condition of probation, we have access to his Facebook account. There is information in his account we would like to preserve. Does anyone see a problem with his probation officer changing his password?

Posts: 26 | Location: Andrews County | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you ever come up with an answer to this?

Posts: 5 | Location: Orange County | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a particular need to lock down the account so that the person cannot access it? It seems to me the simplest way to preserve the information would be to either print the information as paper copies or convert the print to an electronic PDF and save that information. The person who does so will be able to authenticate it and link it to Defendant.

Posts: 81 | Registered: December 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have "locked down" the account until we can get a preservation letter to FaceBook. I have concluded that I am comfortable with the probation officers doing this, provided they do not post or make any entries while logged on as the probationer.

Posts: 26 | Location: Andrews County | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post