TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Juvenile Search Warrant for Blood in Case of DWI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Juvenile Search Warrant for Blood in Case of DWI Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking for caselaw or statutes that specifically address whether law enforcement can obtain a search warrant for blood when a juvenile has been detained on suspicion of DWI and the juvenile has NOT consented to breath/blood. It looks like consent is okay but I am in a "no refusal" county and I want to make sure that legally applies to juveniles. We draw blood on refusal cases pursuant to the CCP - not the Transportation Code.

Posts: 1 | Location: Cleburne, Texas, USA | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know of no caselaw on blood draws for juvis.

Keep in mind 52.02(a) when you are considering where you're going to take a juvi to get this blood draw. There is an exception for the intoxilyzer but none that I am aware of for a visit to the hospital outside the procedures established in 52.02(2) or (5) !!

[This message was edited by Stacey L. Brownlee on 08-27-09 at .]

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post