TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Any good forms for certifying as an adult and trying adjudication to a jury?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any good forms for certifying as an adult and trying adjudication to a jury? Login/Join 
posted
I have limited experience in the prosecution of juveniles. I believe I have one that will go before a jury. Does anyone have or would be willing to recommend a source for good forms that I could use for a juvenile jury charge or any other documents needed in certifying the juvenile as an adult and trying the juvenile adjudication? Thank you for your help.

The juvenile is already 17. The delinquent conduct would be a state jail felony grade property crime offense. Would it be unusual in most places to attempt to do a discretionary transfer to criminal court?

If the discretionary transfer was approved, what would a typical punishment be for the juvenile offender who subsequently has committed criminal offenses as a 17 year old.

Thank you for any help or advice you may be able to give on the subject.

Posts: 58 | Registered: August 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a most of the forms you would need and am more than happy to share them.
Email me and we can figure what all you would need.

In most of the jurisdictions I have worked in it would be unusual to certify a first time juvenile offender on a state jail felony but meeting the criteria is what counts.

Punishment is difficult to estimate not knowing the juries in your area but unless his subsequent offense is a violent felony, my guess would be probation.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post